If you’re running a website, you’ve probably come across spam comments and backlinks. These are usually created by automated programs or people who are trying to game the system.
Spam comments and backlinks can actually harm your website. They can lower your search engine ranking and make your site look less credible.
So how do you avoid getting spam comments and backlinks?
Here are some tips:
- Use a CAPTCHA on your comment form. This will help stop automated programs from posting spam comments.
- Approve comments manually before they’re published on your site. This way, you can check to make sure they’re not spammy or abusive.
- Disallow links in comments. If you don’t want people leaving backlinks, then don’t allow them in your comment form fields.
- Moderate your blog’s commenting system closely. Be quick to delete any spammy or abusive comments that slip through the cracks.
- Keep an eye out for suspicious activity on your site, such as sudden spikes in comment activity or new users registering with obviously fake information. If something looks fishy, it probably is!
562 total views, 5 views today
Leave a Reply